Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Strongholds

Stronghold - A stronghold is an incorrect thinking pattern that has molded itself into our way of thinking. These strongholds have the capability to affect our feelings, how we respond to various situations in life, and they play a large role in our spiritual freedom.

So basically, these are the lies that I believe each and every day. Sometimes every single moment. There are so many, I don't even know where to start. Are they of Satan. He is the ultimate liar. What reason do I really have to believe these lies? I mean seriously? I am confident, strong, not ugly, and I know I can move mountains when my mind is made up. So, WTH!! What is the problem? Is it that I feel I don't deserve the best life possible. Jesus didn't come to give me "sort of a good life", he came so I can live the most incredible life. The way I live today is just not ok. I truly have to change the way I think. Clear my head. Release the strongholds.

How do you tear down strongholds?

Since strongholds are built upon error and falsehood, it is through the truth that you tear down such faulty thinking patterns. Strongholds are built when we accept and receive error and begin to meditate on them. It forms in our minds what is known as an imagination, that is, a false concept that we believe to be true, but in reality is not. The Bible speaks about these imaginations clearly, and shows us how they can be torn down.

Lord, though I live in the world, I do not wage war as the world does. The weapons I fight with are not the weapons of this world. But they have divine and of you and can only demolish my strongholds. Father, I can do anything through you. Your power can demolish arguments and every negative being and thought against you and against me and what I know I am capable of. Please take captive every thought against the knowledge of you Father and make it obedient to Christ. Enable me Lord! Give me strength to make the best decisions today for my body and my mind. Lord, help me dive into your word today and not to just read it and say it, but to believe it and do it! In Jesus' precious name. Amen!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 comments:

  1. This was something I was just thinking about. My 12 year old daughter and I have been at odds this week and it just occured to me that satan is orchestrating most of it. Ugh.

    Thanks for sharing the truth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave mine to God too. That first night.
    You can do this, and never feel inhibited to express what your feeling. I have a theory that has worked for me. What I express, I don't eat.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete