Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 1 to the rest of my life

I don't have a plan. A Food plan that is and I probably should figure that out the night before. It's 9:32am and so far today I've had 1 cup of coffee, splenda and 1 T of vanilla creamer. Not sure what I'll eat today. Not so hip already on writing down my food. What's that saying..."fail to plan is a plan to fail". Yeah, that's me.

On to the verse of the week. Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well".

Some of the things I have highlighted in my First Place book about this verse:

- God wants First Place in our lives.
- Loving God halfheartedly is not enough.
- Commitment to Him my life will be forever changed.
- If Christ is not First Place in my thoughts, plans and actions, then what is?

In 2009 I had written, Facebook Parentguide and Food.

Today I write Computer, GoodLiving, talking on the phone and Facebook. Well, food has to go in there too. So all these things are first in my life and not God. No wonder I have grown to an all time high of !@#$%. Let's just say I'm pushing a size 26/28. Ugh...

Jesus doesn't tell us that he will meet some of our needs, but he will meet ALL of our needs. Do I believe this to be true? YES. YES. I believe Lord.

Saying that Christ is First Place in my life and actually living with Christ in First Place are two different things.

Lord, I trust you. I believe you. God, help me to remember this. And please help me to put YOU first this week. Thank you for your promise to meet all my needs this week. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment