Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 2... I don't have to worry

I didn't plan for today. That's ok though. The fact that I wrote down my food yesterday is huge. Not sure what I'll eat today but I know I will think about my choices and read labels. Oh another thing I did differently yesterday was when I did eat, I ate at the table, no t.v., and I ate slowly and consciously.

My memory verse for this week is Matthew 6:33. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well".

This was one of the first verses I learned when I first got saved three years ago. I don't think I was even saved yet. My husband and I used to drive fancy cars. Like a mercedes C230 and a hummer H3. Ridiculous to even think about now. But anyways, we struggled our first year saved financially. Big time. All of a sudden it was as if God said "I'll show you what's really important" and he took away all of the "stuff". Our car payment on the mercedes was 633. Our dear friend Tom pointed that out to my husband and we couldn't believe it. It was our first message from God and my belief was starting to build. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well".

As I reflect on this verse today I know that there isn't anything I have to worry about. God will supply all of my needs. He has promised us this. But in spite of it, I can still worry. God knows what we need even before we ask. I used to worry a lot and it's taken me a few years to give it all to God. I have good days and bad days.

What are some of the things I worry about? My children's safety, my husbands health, my mothers health. These things are completely out of my control and must be given to God each day.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

-Reinhold Niebuhr

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,
    Great post. Good goals to eat slowly and pay attention. God is so good isn't He? Showing you that you didn't need all that stuff! And I bet you really didn't even miss it.

    You can definitely add my button. I'd be honored. And I'd love to sell you that surrender necklace. Do you know how to buy things through Etsy?? If not let me know and you can mail me a check.

    ReplyDelete