Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Addiction

Cunning. Baffling. Deceptive. There are so many more words to define Addiction. The same words I could use to describe Satan.

As I tell my friend to get on her face, not just her knees, but her face, I realize that the exact advice I gave to her so arrogantly is the same words I need to use for myself. I told her to "just do it" and not think so much and to make a decision and to be a mother. I read those words and I need to take a hard look in the mirror at myself. Her addiction to a substance is the same addiction and disease that I have to food. The same disease. Why is it ok for me to tell her like it is and not practice what I preach?

Lord, help me to see this in myself and please show me the way.

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." Cor 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment