Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 1 - Resurrection

Oh here we are again, little blog of mine!  It seems the last time I posted I was strong into going gluten free.  And yes that has continued; however, the slipping and sliding was pretty much back to normal.  I cut out those foods back in April because of an intolerance and after going two months completely gluten free I was still at the same weight.  I always said that I wasn't doing it for weight loss, but to be healthy, and that was true; however, after two months I was a little discouraged having not lost any weight.  What I DID learn is that you can be gluten free and still eat high calories.  And anyone that knows me well, knows, that I will try and work any system and plan to my rebellious benefit.

So here we are today, and Greg and I have started our juice fast.  Three weeks of planning and praying went into this very moment.  And the morning came and I was completely overwhelmed.  I was excited, for sure!  But I was a little overwhelemed because I am not a very organized person.  I was so excited to get to the actual juicing that I didn't bring all the food out at ounce.  Thank goodness I cleaned it all last night.

We started with 3 red apples and 1 lemon.  This was to get the kids introduced to it.  Jackson really liked it, Bella did not and Gavin didn't try it.  So then we did 3 apples and Bella was good to go.  She really enjoyed it.

For Greg we made the Mean Green Juice from the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".

4 celery stalks
1 cucumber
3 green apples
ginger
lemon
kale

Guess what?  I forgot the kale in his juice this morning.  So add kale to that, about 6-7 leaves or a few handfuls if it's cut up.

Here is Greg's reaction to his first sip.  He was pretending to be Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild.


I took a sip.  I didn't like it at first.  But I don't normally like one single thing that was in the juice.  On second sip it was better.  I didn't make myself one because I decided to finish what Bella and Jackson didn't finish of their apple juices.  Greg thinks I was just trying to get out of having that mean green juice, but really, I didn't want to waste theirs....no, really, it's true!  ha!

I titled this post Day 1 - Resurrection -  because what came to mind first thing today was "we are alive in Christ".  Because of Christ and the Resurrection, I can do all things and all things are NOT impossible.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13.

I will post here each day and evening.  Pray for us and send us your encouragement, this is a huge opportunity for growth with our Lord and growth in our health.  We MUST take control of our health, so the "health" care system doesn't have to!






No comments:

Post a Comment