Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

100

Today is my 100 post! That's kind of a big deal for me considering I'm the Queen of inconsistency. Grant it, it's taken me over a year to get to this 100 post, but it's here. My prayer is that I continue to come here to just let out my heart and share what's on my mind.

Yesterday the kids and I paid a visit to our old Church. A Church that broke our hearts actually and a Church I haven't been to in over a year. I hadn't heard this Pastor since then. I wasn't sure how I would feel seeing him up on that stage. But, as usual, he gave an incredible performance. He is an awesome teacher and this place puts on such a great show. Seriously, this Church is just a show. It's kind of empty otherwise, except for the thousands of people that flock to see the show. I really did get a lot out of what he preached, but then it was also kind of Christianity LITE. It was a good reminder though. He talked about Faith and there is nothing we can DO to earn our right way with God. The work has already been DONE. It was done by Jesus on the cross. And for that, AMEN! Religion tells us that we have to go to Church and we have to dress nice, and we have to sing hymns and we have to get up and down and do some sign across our chest, then kneel and bend and blah blah blah. Gosh, I'm tired just thinking about it. Faith is Faith. It's Trusting in something or someone without knowing all the facts. It's trusting and doubting at the same exact time. It's believing in something and someone that you cannot see. But you know, you know in your heart that HE is working in your life and HE is guiding you and blessing you all the more.

Yesterday was a reminder that I don't need the Sunday morning show. It was confirmation of how much I love our little Church, Experience Church. It was knowing that we are right where we need to be and my commitment is with Experience. It just doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment